EXCELLERATE YOUR RÉSUMÉ©
Critical to your successful career search transition is a professionally prepared and well written résumé. When applying for a position you are often competing against many other candidates. The purpose of your résumé is to get you an interview.
Does your résumé:
- Communicate your job focus?
- Match you to your targeted position requirements?
- Include key words (knowledge, skills, abilities, experience, etc.)?
- State your accomplishments and key results?
- Read well? Is it well-written-- accurate, clear and brief?
Does your cover letter:
- Match you to a specific job position?
- Communicate how you can solve an employer’s specific problems, leverage opportunities and add value to their organization?
Why hire a professional résumé writer, can't I write one myself or use one of the many on-line templates available?
There certainly is a lot of résumé help available, on-line and in books, and much of it can be very helpful.
A professionally certified résumé writer has experience, insights and training that can help you create a targeted, market ready résumé that reflects your unique "value proposition" to potential employers.
Certified résumé writers have completed training and testing in:
- Different types of résumés (chronological, functional, hybrid, CV, etc.) and determining which is the best format for each individual and his/her job market.
- Grammar, punctuation and proofreading.
- Special formatting: Inset graphs, charts, quotes, recommendations, etc.
We use a collaborative process helping you develop and write your résumé. We believe that the process is not just about getting a well written résumé it also helps you clarify and articulate your "value proposition" which is critical for successful networking and interviewing.
Click on the services below for a description.