Welcome To 5 Fold Consulting’s Coaching Service!
What is coaching?
We use a whole-person, non-directive, client-centered approach. We adhere to the International Coach Federation’s definition of coaching, which states, "coaching is partnering with clients in a thought provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential." We believe in the power of leveraging a client's strengths, while at the same time understanding how individuals can get stuck in self-limiting and habitual patterns of thinking and behaving that are often unconscious, ineffective and dissatisfying. We will:
- Assist our clients in determining an appropriate, measurable coaching plan that includes criteria for success.
- Work through the execution of the coaching plan – refining and modifying the plan as needed.
- Hold our clients accountable for their own decisions actions and results.
Coaching areas of focus
Our coaching can help individuals and teams in these areas:
- Specific skill development – facilitation, conflict resolution, management and other skills.
- Engaging in effective dialogue.
- Creating effective teamwork.
- Engaging in difficult conversations.
- Understanding motive and values that drive behavior.
- Managing career and life transitions by clarifying direction and choices.
Our Coaching approach
We help clients:
1. Clearly identify issues.
2. Clarify perceptions.
3. Identify and develop desirable outcomes and options.
4. Develop and prepare to implement a plan of action.
5. Talk through options for handling workplace conflict with colleagues and others.
6. Prepare for difficult conversations.
7. Reflect on and explore career growth options.
8. Proactively address issues before they affect an employee’s work.
9. Effectively address personal situations that may be affecting an employee’s work.
10. Help employees analyze why a particular course of action is not working.
Coaching methodology and tools
Our coaching methods include:
- Group coaching sessions to share best practices, successes and challenges with applying course content.
- One-on-one training
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Ladder of inference
- Question thinking
- Life balance profile
- Value sort
- Strength deployment inventory (SDI)
- Conflict Dynamics profile and/or Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Strong interest inventory
- FIRO-B, Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation
- Disc Personality Profile
- PACE Communication Assessment
- 360 degree assessment
- Role play
- Client journalling
- Visual expressions of thoughts or feelings that are not easily articulated through language alone-- simple drawings, a vision board, clay sculpture, etc..
Our training and certification
We have a consortium of coaches who have been trained and/or certified by an accredited International Coach Federation (ICF) institute and continue to develop and enhance their knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Leadership development
- Organizational development
- Team dynamics
- Organizational behavior
- Conflict resolution
- Career development
How do I get started?
Complete the coaching inquiry form below and email or fax to Nathalie H. Thompson.